Saturday, October 1, 2011

Faith, not Sight


I am so excited because I just got accepted to go to Nepal and India next summer for a mission trip for two months! While I am thrilled, the cost of my trip is so much! At times I doubt God will really do it. Not that He can, but that He will.

You hear stories of people who went on trips like this and they tell you, 'God is faithful. If He calls you to do it, He is going to make a way. God is faithful." But being in the position where you have to trust God, whether financially or in another situation, you began to wonder if God really has called you to something.

Faith is not easy, and most of all I have been learning that it comes from God, only from God. My theme verse for this season in my life is 2 Corinthians 5:7, because I need reminded by my Savior that our relationship has nothing to do with what is seen but what is unseen, and He gives me faith and He will provide all that I need.

So far, He has provided in all sorts of ways, which is why my doubt is even more ridiculous!

This summer I saw no way for myself to counsel at camp: God did and He set the job before me, sustaining me every second of the way.

The summer of 2010 I saw no way I would be able to staff at camp: God did, and He sent me, teaching me what it really means to be a servant.


Last year when I began planning a trip to Jamaica for a mission trip with my mom, we both doubted, assuring ourselves if we couldn't go in 2011, we would go in 2012: God provided every cent, even when we doubted.

When I was accepted to my Nepal-India trip, I was asked to put a $300 deposit in my account. My family does not have that kind of money to spare: But God knew and He always provides, giving me more than that at out fundraising garage sale so that I could not only get my deposit in the bank, but buy stamps to send letters out, sharing what I get to do for my Jesus!

There have been many, many, many, MANY ways in which God has provided, and it would take some time to list every one of them. Needless to say, God does provide and He is always faithful, even when our doubt is great.

I will serve Jesus because this life has nothing to do about me. I will spend my life endeavoring to bring others to the wonderful Kingdom of Christ, and if God sends me, I will ask for the faith it will take for such an assignment from my King. But most of all I will remember this:
For we walk by faith, not by sight! (2 Corinthians 5:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment