Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sweet Delight

If I stop and look around, I realize how truly blessed I am. It is a word I have come to use often, because it is the only way I can truly describe life right now. Not perfect, but the struggles I face are no where near the mountains I watch others climb. I am surrounded by family who loves me, really truly loves me. They want me around, they care about me. They rejoice with me, cheer me up or let me cry. My friends- they seek to serve the Lord. With all their hearts, that is who they want to be, they want to look like Christ. It is sweet delight for me to bask in the goodness of life. The Lord has great plans for me and He is just pulling me along, letting me know when and where He wants me.
Life won't always be so sweet, I know struggles and heartache comes in this world. But right now, where God has me, is is so good to be here. Last summer, I had a long talk with a good friend about our year ahead. We both came to the conclusion that God was going to do big things in our lives this year, and we have seen it. We absolutely know that He has.
What comes next? I have no idea, but I will follow God the whole way. Immediately, I have a new job, a national competition and a huge mission trip. But when asked the question "What will you do with your future?" I don't have an answer. I just rest in the fact that I know Jesus will lead the way when the time comes. He has in the past, and He will continue to do so.

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment