Saturday, August 6, 2011

Living My Calling



After my trip to Jamaica, I feel reaffirmed that this is the direction in which God is leading me to go. I loved the adventure of sleeping on hard beds and taking cold showers. Having the power surges destroy our pump, making it so showers were not an option. No, not desirable, but since when does the Bible say serving Him is supposed to be comfortable? I am grieved that Mr. Henry has to deal with everything the surging destroyed while the rest of us return to the states, but God is providing and as long as we follow Him, He will lead us where He wants us, whether it's with a broken water pump or not!
I loved the children. They just grabbed my heart the first day I met them. I couldn't wait to see them again the next day and when the last day rolled around, I was sad. God made it so easy for us to go there and love and be loved just because of our skin color. We had such a big ministry opportunity because we were the 'whiteys'. I hope for another chance to go back to Jamaica and see all of the friends I made again. If God doesn't lead me back, I will have the knowledge that He is taking care of Him and be comforted even when I miss the bright faces of the children, or the way they walked up the mountain so we could all walk down to the church together.
I know God calls everyone in different ways, but, like Paul, I urge you to live your life worthy of the calling God gives you. Whatever He asks you to do, do it because it will always be better than our own plans. Being comfortable isn't how I am called to live and I honestly doubt that's how God is calling you to live. But take heart, God gives everyone strength in their weaknesses (2 Corinthians 12:9 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (NLT))
Remember Paul's words:

Ephesians 4:1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment